Omni CMS has a Version control system in place to allow you to revert to previously saved versions of a page. This allows you to revert to previous versions of pages and discard any edits that have been made since that version was saved. Every time a page file is sent for approval, a unique version of a page is saved through the automatic version control system. You can also save a new version without submitting a page for approval by following the steps below.
Save a New Version
- Open a page to Edit View.
- Check out the Page.
- Click the More Actions menu (•••) and then select Save Version
- This will bring up a modal with a box for Version Description. Enter a description to help you identify the version later on.
The Versions Screen
The Versions screen of a page is where you go to manage the saved versions of the page. To access the Versions Screen for a page, you should:
- Open a Page in Omni CMS.
- Check out the page.
- While viewing the checked out page, click the Versions button from the Page Actions Toolbar. This displays the Versions screen.
Viewing a Previous Version
From the Versions screen, a version of the page can be viewed. These views of a page version are provided in a separate browser window or tab.
- From the Versions screen, click the More Actions menu (•••) in the row for the version.
- Find “View” from the Options column (far right).
- From View, select Page.
Reverting to a Previous Version
The Versions screen includes the ability to revert to a previous version of a page.
- From the Versions screen, click the More Actions menu (•••) at the end of the row of the version you wish to revert to.
- Click “Revert”.
- A confirmation dialog will be shown.
- Click Revert.
A success message shows to which version the page was reverted.
Note: Reverting to the Version will not make the page live. It will only be changed to edit view. In order to publish the version, you will need to submit the page for approval.
Next Up: 4.10 - Review and Submit Your Edits